Don't you just hate it when wake up in the morning and find out that you are late for work?
And then you try to think of an excuse to justify your lateness. You can always be honest but we assume that if you are reading this then you
might not be interested in the honesty option.
Popular Late To Work Excuses That Work
- Alarm issues
- Traffic issues
- Lost keys issues.
- Taxi/train delay
- I was not feeling but came anyway
- Day light saving (Works once a year)
- Children issues (sickness, school, etc.)
- Weather issues: fog, snow, rain
- Someone double parked my car
- Domestic problems: water leakage, etc.
- Car accident, flat tire, or battery issue.
Late To Work Excuses That Do Not Work
- My spouse thinks it's funny to hide my keys.
- My left turn signal was out so I had to make all right turns.
- I feel like I'm in everyone's way if I show up on time.
- I was stalking my previous boss, who fired me for showing up late. OK?
- My cat hid my car keys because he gets lonely.
- I dropped my car keys in the snow and I was waiting for the snow to melt down.
- My house was burning & the fire truck blocked my driveway.
- We are open on Tuesdays?!
- I'm sorry, boss, but I had to stop to get you this box of donuts.
- I stopped for coffee, the store was robbed. The police asked everyone to stay for questioning.
- The lift took around 20 minutes to get to ground floor. It stops on every level. I’ll take the staircase next time.
- I was helping others by waking up late and thus easing the traffic jam during the rush hour.
- I was searching for a new job.
- I don't think you saw me when I first came in an hour ago!
Get Paid to share this page with others!
Get $25 on sign up.